I just talked to Steven for the first time today! I’ll admit, I was getting stressed. I knew he would call when he could. I just didn’t know when that would be. He said he’d try to call again tomorrow, too.
They are now in Houma, LA. (See maps below.) I talked to him yesterday just before they drove down and again when they arrived – after driving through the hurricane- and I hadn’t heard from him since. Here is what he had to say:
– No power in the town at all.
– They do have running water.
– Only one person on his crew has cell phone service, and he is on “Roam.”
– They slept in a shelter last night, but will have a hotel room tonight.
– They’ll be there a while. He thinks about a month. He also said that he has been told this is Entergy’s second largest outage ever – second only to Katrina. They didn’t even do any repair work today. They just spent the day cleaning poles out of the streets.
Please keep these guys in your prayers.